Inspirational Quotes for Stay-at-Home Moms
Disclaimer: When you buy from links on our site, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Being a stay-at-home mom is one of the best jobs that a mom can do, but it is also one of the toughest jobs. You can have some amazing experiences, but also, there can be bad days with a ton of hard work where you feel like everyone is a perfect mother apart from you.
That’s where inspiration quotes for stay-at-home moms can help to remind you that you are a good mom. These quotes cover everything from understanding what a tough road motherhood is to helping you realize you are already doing amazing at the toughest job and that you did the right thing when you made the decision to be a stay-at-home mom.
Let them help you on those bad days or share with another mom friend who is finding it difficult to get through the hard days.
Encouraging Quotes for Stay-At-Home Moms
- “There is no way to be a perfect mother…and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill.
- “Don’t judge the stay at home mom. She needs a break from her kids, and she is burnt out. She is lonely, but it’s a lot of work to leave the house. She does nothing but clean up messes, and everything is always a mess. Her entire life revolves around other people. What she is doing is harder than you know.” – Unknown
- “I think it’s a tough road if you’re a stay-at-home mom, a working mom if you have a partner if you don’t. It’s the best job in the world and the toughest job in the world all at the same time.” ~ Angela Kinsey
- “Motherhood – no matter if you’re a working mom or stay-at-home mom – is really tough sometimes. It can really leave us each day with a sense of wondering if we’re doing it right. You know, it’s a long-term investment. You don’t see big returns in the short term. Raising a child can easily pull you into being hyper-focused on the tough everyday moments of life.” ~ Lysa TerKeurst
- Your most valuable parenting skill is learning to manage yourself first. –Dr. Laura Markham
- Finding balance as a mother means accepting your imperfections. –Mary Organizes
- A mother is a person who, seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.” —Tenneva Jordan
- “Working moms, stay-at-home moms, they’re both extremely hard jobs.” — Hilary Rosen.
- “A stay-at-home mom is a working mom. Being a stay-at-home mom is a job.” — Cobie Smulders.
- “On being a stay at home mom: Half of the time, I feel like I’m running an insane asylum … the other half, I feel I belong in one.” — Unknown
- “To the stay-at-home mom who hasn’t felt like herself lately, I know how difficult it is when you catch yourself not being you. A lot has changed. Yet, this period of your life is not infinite. Your babies won’t be babies forever. So, be patient, enjoy this moment in life for what it is, and know your sparkle will return, and you will shine again.” — Unknown.
Motivational Quotes for a Hard-Working Mom
- “There’s no greater gift you can give your children than your time.” – Michael Hyatt.
- “You will come to know that what appears today to be a sacrifice will prove instead to be the greatest investment that you will ever make.” – Gordon Hinckley.
- “Stay at home moms don’t need judgment, they need recognition. The work they do is hard. It’s lonely, overwhelming, exhausting…And yet they show up each and every day, without fail. Pouring their love and time into their kids. The work they do in the four walls is more important than we will ever know.” – Unknown
- “There ought to be a hall of fame for mamas / Creation’s most unique and precious pearl / And heaven help us always to remember / That the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.” – Glen Campbell
- “Having kids – the responsibility of rearing good, kind, responsible human beings – is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – Maria Shriver
- “The time spent on family is not a sacrifice. You are living a life with choice. When you make the right ones, you have a good life.” – Laura Schlessinger
- A Mother’s love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible. —Marion C. Garretty
- It’s not what you do for your children but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. –Ann Landers
- Motherhood is the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary – it’s an act of infinite optimism. —Gilda Radner
- A mother’s happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories. —Honore de Balzac
- Everyone loves their mom; everyone’s got an important mom, but for me, she’s really the guiding force. — Taylor Swift
- Mama, you taught me to do the right things. So now you have to let your baby fly. You’ve given me everything that I will need. To make it through this crazy thing called life. — Carrie Underwood
- “I’m so happy and thankful I made it a point be a stay-at-home mom.” — Candace Cameron Bure
- “A person who abandons a career in order to stay home and raise children is considered not to be living up to his potential- as if a job title and salary are the sole measure of human worth.” — Bill Watterson
- “Growing up, my mom was a stay-at-home mom. I knew that her entire world revolved around us, and she relished being involved in every school project and every craft.” — Marcela Valladolid
Inspirational Quotes for Moms
- “You rock a sobbing child without wondering if today’s world is passing you by, because you know you hold tomorrow tightly in your arms.” – Neal Maxwell
- “The mother’s heart is the child’s schoolroom.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “I hate the phrase ‘having it all,’ because it demeans women who do stay home with their children, by implying that their lives are less than full. One of the main goals of the feminist movement is that all women should be able to make the best choices for themselves and their families, and no one should be belittled, degraded, or disregarded because of what she chooses to do.” — Kirsten Gillibrand
- “A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” – Cardinal Mermillod
- “The most important work you will ever do will be within the walls of your own home.” – Harold Lee
- “One cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, love, sacrifice, service, are as one.” – Thomas Monson
- “A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.” – Washington Irving
- “All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Even if the whole world was throwing rocks at you, if you had your mother at your back, you’d be okay. — Jojo Moyes
- Acceptance, tolerance, bravery, compassion. These are the things my mom taught me. —Lady Gaga
- Having children just puts the whole world into perspective. Everything else just disappears. – Kate Winslet
- No influence is so powerful as that of the mother. —Sarah Josepha Hale
- “But kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” — Barbara Kingsolver
- “I think women should have choices and should be able to do what they like, and I think it’s a great choice to stay at home and raise kids, just as it’s a great choice to have a career.” — Will Schwalbe
- “All these moms are on Pinterest making their own soap and homemade treats and I’m all like ‘I took a shower and kept the kids alive.’” — Unknown
- “I’m a real stay-at-home mom. I’m really hands-on. Everything else became secondary.” — Drew Barrymore
Beautiful Quotes for Moms
- A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dates all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path. — Agatha Christie
- “Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life.” – Sophocles
- “Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Motherhood is near to divinity; it is the highest, holiest service to be assumed by mankind. It places her who honors its holy calling and service next to the angels.” – The First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- “There is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.” – M. Russell Ballard
- “The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness.” – Honore de Balzac
- “A mother’s arms are made of tenderness and children sleep soundly in them.” – Victor Hugo
- Men are what their mothers made them. –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s. —Princess Diana
- To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow. — Maya Angelou
- Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother’s secret hope outlives them all. – Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The best place to cry is on a mother’s arms. — Jodi Picoult
- There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it. —Chinese Proverb
- As mothers and daughters, we are connected with one another. My mother is the bones of my spine, keeping me straight and true. She is my blood, making sure it runs rich and strong. — Kristin Hannah
- God couldn’t be everywhere so that is why he invented mothers. — Daphne Wilder
- A mother is one to whom you hurry when you are troubled — Emily Dickinson