Yoga for Beginners at Home
Disclaimer: When you buy from links on our site, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Learn more
Learning a new discipline and beginning to practice it until now we had always done it through traditional schools, through face-to-face assistance and direct contact with the tutor or teacher of that activity.
But the world evolves and with it also the human being and the technology that we have developed, putting it at the mercy of our interests, offering a multitude of remote services that were previously unthinkable.
This is the case of yoga, an ancient discipline that has more and more followers and practitioners. However, something so beneficial and stimulating for people’s lives is not always easy to carry out and put into practice, either due to lack of time, distance to a yoga center near home or work, or because we are forced to travel often. Whatever the case may be, the truth is that if technology is at our service, let’s take advantage of it and get the most out of it.
This is what Aomm.tv has done , an online platform with yoga classes for everyone. What if you have never practiced yoga? Is it dangerous to get into it without a teacher on top of you getting you high? That is the idea of the Yoga for Beginners program: practices designed for all those initiates who are completely unaware of yoga, ordered so that the student can gradually learn all the keys he needs to develop his own practice.
These would be some fundamental recommendations to keep in mind when practicing yoga at home as beginners:
- Choose a quiet space to practice, without stimuli or distractions, that allows us to fully immerse ourselves in the instructions of the teacher who guides the class.
- Turn off the telephone, the television, the radio… all those devices that may disturb you during class. We must assume that we have brought school home.
- Tell the people who live with you that you are going to practice and you need a time of recollection and silence.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a blanket or yoga mat.
- Try to practice on an empty stomach and bladder. The ideal: two or three hours after eating.
- Once we have taken the step of learning yoga, invest in all the accessories you will need: cushions, a blanket, a cloth belt, a chair… and have them close by during your practice in case you need them.
- Watching the chosen video first is a good option to know what postures will be done and if it adapts to what you need at the moment.
- Breathe calmly and consciously, if possible with the diaphragm, that is, inflating and deflating the abdomen with the breath.
- Always listen to the body. Without forcing him, not going beyond where he allows you. Observation is very important to avoid unnecessary injuries.
- It is not advisable to skip relaxation, it is very important to integrate the practice and receive all its benefits.